Technology Support Services
Acceptable Use Policy
What We Do
- TSS coordinates and maintains S.C.C. computing labs.
- Works with the SBA to allocate student technology funds to support student technology as defined in the student technology agreement.
- Your virus software is updated remotely, so it is always up to date.
- Be very cautious of e-mail attachments.
- Do not open anything that looks suspicious.
- Instead of opening it, delete the attachment.
- If you have unique software, let TSS know. You will need to provide a license and proof of purchase in order to protect S.C.C. from fines.
- Technology Committee (a governance committee: http://intranetnew.shoreline.edu/technology-committee/
- Reviews overall campus technology.
- With academic and administrative input, helps to recommend an IT strategic plan.
- Reviews and recommends campus standards on hardware and software.
- The network may be unavailable for classes or for student assignments during maintenance.
- Maintenance is always announced in advance.