1. When an earthquake occurs, keep calm. DO NOT RUN OR PANIC.
2. If indoors, stay there. Get under a desk, table, stand in a corner, or in a doorway. Stay away from windows and outside doors.
3. If outdoors, get into an open area away from trees, buildings, walls, elevated walkways, power lines, or anything that may shake loose and fall.
4. If driving, pull over to the side of the road and stop. Avoid trees and power lines. Stay inside until the shaking is over.
5. If in a multi-story building, stay away from windows and outside walls. Get under a table. Do not use elevators.
6. If in a crowded public place, do not rush for the doors. Move away from display shelves containing objects that could fall.
7. After the shock subsides, get out of doors, well clear of buildings and trees.
8. Follow the procedures in this manual for fire, hazardous materials leaks, and serious injury, if necessary.
9. In the event of major damage or disruption, the Safety and Security Department will announce and implement evacuation procedures.
10. Identify and assist the injured.
11. Notify the Campus Emergency Number at Ext. 4499, or the Safety and Security Department at Ext. 4633 of any hazards or injuries.
12. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the president or designee.